Cooking frozen fish in a slow cooker wrapped with parchment paper is the easiest way to store the natural nutrition and taste deliciousness it in every bite. Sometimes we just need to relax and need some healthy and lightly cooked food for our guts.
Suppose it is a Wednesday night. You are late from work and have a big assignment for tomorrow. You are tired but some healthy, low carb, and easy to cook food is a crying need to keep you going. Who said frozen fish couldn’t be as tasty as fresh ones, we have solutions to satisfy your doubts?
Let us take a look at the simplest recipes for frozen fish to cook in a slow cooker.
5 Recipes to Cook Frozen Fish in Slow Cooker
1. Slow Cooker Salmon with Creamy Lemon Sauce
- 2 pounds of frozen Salmon fillet
- Lemon slices
- chilli powder
- garlic powder
- Vegetable broth
- chicken broth
- heavy cream
- Take out the frozen fish before night, and the next morning, you are good to go!
- First, place a parchment paper and lemon slices over the slow cooker pan. Then place the salmon fillet on it. Season it with salt, pepper, paprika, chilli, and garlic powder which will put strong taste on the food. Pour the vegetable broth and lemon juice on the side of the fish (not on the fish). Then wait for 2 hours (in the middle, you can turn over the fish to get some colouring on the fish).
Creamy Lemon Sauce
On low heat, take lemon juice, chicken broth, and heavy cream in a pan and cook for 8 minutes with the lid on. Then cook it with high heat for 2 minutes without the lid until the sauce gets thickened.
Then pour the sauce over the fish and garnish it with parsley and lemon slices. You can have it sided by some rice and vegetable fries. It’s good for your gut, and fascinatingly, it is low carb and tasty.
2. Lemon & Herb Cod
- 8 Cod fillets, frozen
- 2 tbs Lemon juice
- Fresh lemons, for garnish
- 2 tbs dried rosemary
- 1 tbsp fennel seed
- 2 tbs dried savory
- 2 tbs dried thyme
- 2 tbs dried basil
- 2 tbsp dried marjoram
- 2 tbsp dried lavender flowers
- 2 tbs dried Italian parsley
- 1 tbs dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried tarragon
- 1 tsp bay powder
Pour half cup of water on the slow cooker. Then place the frozen fish over the water and squirt some lemon juice. Then season the fish with rosemary, thyme, fennel seed, dried basil, dried marjoram, dried lavender flowers, Italian parsley, dried oregano, dried tarragon and bay powder after the coating. Cook the fish for two hours with lead on. Then after 2 hours, serve it with brown rice or quinoa.
3. Slow Cooker Tuna Salpicao
- 250 Grams of Tuna cut into cubes
- 1 Cup olive oil
- 1 garlic chopped finely
- 4 Jalapeno Peppers chopped
- 3-5 Pieces Red Chili chopped
- 2 Tbs Black Peppercorns thrashed
- 1 Tsp Salt
- Pour some olive oil on the slow cooker. Combine all the spices and seasons such as garlic, jalapeno peppers, red chilli, black peppercorns, and salt. Cook them for 4 hours a minute. Switch the heat to high density. Then add the Tuna fish. Cover it and cook for 10 minutes.
- After the cooking, serve the Tuna as a side dish for dinner with vegetables.
4. Slow Cooker Fish Au Gratin
- 6 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1.5 tsp salt
- Half tbsp dry mustard
- Half tbsp ground nutmeg
- 1.5 cup milk
- 1.5 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 pounds frozen white fish fillets
- Put the butter on the pan and stir until it melts. Then add dry mustard, nutmeg. Stir them for 1 minute. Then add flour and water and cook until it gets thick. Stir it occasionally lest it should get a stick on the pan
- Then slowly add the milk while constantly stirring the gravy. Wait for sometimes to get thickened. Then add lemon juice and sprinkle the whole shredded cheese on top of it. Wait for the cheese to melt.
- Now take the slow cooker and brush it with butter. Then put the fish in the middle spot of the cooker. Then spread the gravy on the fish until it gets covered with the sauce.
- Cover the pot and cook for 1-2 hours until the fish gets super soft. Garnish it with your favourite herb or parsley. And serve the dish to your family.
5. Slow cooker sweet Balsamic Tilapia
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- Salt (as required)
- Pepper flex
- 4 frozen tilapia fillets
- 1.5 cup of brown rice
- 1 corn squash
- 3 tbsp softened butter or margarine
- 3 tbsp honey
- Sprinkle some ground cinnamon and ginger
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the balsamic vinegar with egg mixer, then some brown sugar. Then sprinkle some salt and pepper flex.
- Take a foil to wrap the fish fillets. First, put the fillets on a bowl. Spread the sweet balsamic sauce all over the fish fillets like coating. Then wrap up the fish fillets tightly lest the sauce should spill all over the cooker.
- Place the foil-wrapped fish in the middle of the cooker and cover the lid. On a low heat, cook the fish for 1-2 hours. Fish will be white, tender, and soft when it is cooked.
- Steam the brown rice to have a side dish.
- Combine the acorn squash and honey. Roast for a few seconds and you are ready to serve your fish.
- Serve hot sweet balsamic tilapia fish with brown rice and roasted honey acorn squash.
There you have it, 5 efficient recipes for cooking frozen fish in a slow cooker. We hope it will help you to save time, money, health and also impress your family as mother, wife, or daughter. Even people who aren’t in good terms with fish will want to try some of it.