It is boring not being able to leave the house and have fun with friends. A year just went by in a flash with nothing but disastrous news coming from all around the globe. Watching news of politics and death takes a toll on mental well-being. Sticking to smartphones and browsing social media harms both physical and psychological health.
1. Books: People complain that they do not have enough time to finish reading a book that they always wanted to. Try reading 30 minutes per day without breaking the chain. You’ll be surprised at the end of the month.
2. TV Series: Netflix, Hulu, Amazon and more; there are so many streaming services out there offering satisfying contents. Binge-watch a brand-new series or go to Mubi to browse through art-house cinemas! The choice is endless.
3. Self-development Goals: Prioritize goals and routines to lead a mindful life. There are diverse strategies to set goals:
- Decide on the kind of life you want.
- Write down your plans strategically.
- Plan short terms goals and long term goals.
- Don’t announce your goals to others as it will provide a sense of false accomplishments.
- Daily journal about the progress.
4. Fun: Since you can’t go out to bars at the weekend, bring the party to the house. There are loads of fun things to do during the lockdown.
- Weed: There is no ‘higher-fun’ than smoking a joint. Pun intended! Varied qualities of marijuana are available at Colorado dispensary. Enjoy a lovely evening of quiet smoke or throw a weed party with friends.
- Plan a vacation: Planning a holiday takes a lot of time and effort. Take this opportunity to save up money for a grand holiday.
5. Make art: Why to waste all the time-consuming art when you can create your own. There are plenty of ways one can showcase creativity; such as painting, writing a song, shooting a short film and more.
- Write a book: If you are someone who has a unique story to tell, write a fiction. Self-publishing is a modern way to publish a book out in the market.
- Write a blog: People appreciate a unique voice on various issues. Share your ideas and concept in a blog.
- Cook: You have consumed shows of food networks for far too long! It is now time to show your culinary skills.
6. Start a business: 2020 is the best time to start a business as they say it is the wartime when the successful businessmen make the most profit.
- Select on a business idea.
- Gather funds.
- Talk to experts for guidance.
- Start the actual business. This step is the most crucial of all as many people plan their business for years and never gather the courage to put the pedal to the metal.
- Use social media to promote and market your business.
7. Gardening: It is evident that everyone is falling in love with plants all over again as sales of houseplants have gone through the roof. People are spending a lot of time indoors, so they try to make space a bit green. It is a pleasure to watch a houseplant grow to its full potential.
8. Exercise: Get the glow up and show the world a new you! Taking care of the body is so very important.
- Fix a workout routine and stick to it.
- Get a gym membership and work under the guideline of the trainers.
- Cut down on sugary food intake and eat healthily.
9. Decorate: fix the broken step on the stairs, paint the bedroom a different color or find some other things to fix around the house. Pay close attention to the décor of the residence.
10. Relationship: Pay attention to the relationships that are valuable to you. You may
- Call and check up on the family members and friends.
- Spend more time with the partner and kids.
- Spruce up the romantic relationship.
When you think about it, there are a lot of things to be done during this period. Pick and choose your projects wisely.