On Tuesday, Prime Minister Narendra Modi joined WhatsApp Channels, a feature offered by the messaging application WhatsApp. This development was announced by the news agency ANI, which shared a screenshot of PM Modi’s WhatsApp Channel. WhatsApp Channels enable users to create one-way broadcasting channels and connect with a substantial number of subscribers simultaneously. Here’s what you need to know about this exciting development and how you can join in.
PM Modi joins WhatsApp Channels to reach more people ahead of Lok Sabha elections
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has joined WhatsApp Channels, a new feature that allows users to broadcast messages to a large audience. This move comes as the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) seeks to use all available platforms to connect with people ahead of the Lok Sabha elections next year.
PM Modi is already very active on social media, especially on X (formerly Twitter). However, WhatsApp Channels has a number of advantages over Twitter, including a larger user base in India and the ability to send rich media content.
The development comes on the day that the proceedings of Parliament shifted to the new Parliament building. This is a symbolic move by PM Modi, as it shows that he is committed to using technology to connect with people and to modernize India.
By joining WhatsApp Channels, PM Modi is able to reach a wider audience and to engage with people in a more direct way. This is likely to be a valuable asset for the BJP in the upcoming elections.
What Are WhatsApp Channels?
WhatsApp Channels serve as a one-way broadcast tool, allowing administrators to send various types of content, including text, photos, videos, stickers, and polls. These channels can be accessed via a dedicated tab called “Updates” within WhatsApp, distinct from your regular chats with family, friends, and communities. This feature enables users to follow and receive updates from channels of their choice.
Key features of WhatsApp Channels
Below are the following Whatsapp channel features:
- Enhanced Directory: Users can find channels to follow that are automatically filtered based on their country and interests. They can also view channels that are new, most active, and popular based on the number of followers.
- Reactions: Users can react to channel messages with emojis to give feedback. The total number of reactions is visible to all followers, but individual reactions are not.
- Forwarding: Users can forward channel messages to other chats or groups. The forwarded message will include a link back to the channel so that people can find out more.
WhatsApp Channels is a powerful tool that can be used to reach a large audience and to build communities. It is ideal for businesses, organizations, and individuals who want to share information and updates with their followers.
How to Join PM Modi’s WhatsApp Channel:
- Open WhatsApp on your Android or iOS smartphone and navigate to the Updates tab.
- Tap on the “Find Channel” option, and then search for “Narendra Modi.