You may be wondering, does CBD oil expire? Well, the answer is yes! Like other cosmetic products, CBD oil expires, and you can check the expiry date mentioned on the bottle. In the shop, you usually get CBD oil in a quantity of 10 or 30 ml. So be wise and purchase your product that is good for the next 12 months.
Apart from the expiry date, you need to know a lot of things before using CBD oil. To be very honest, ‘Expire’ is a negative term that impacts every human being. But to be very honest, if CBD oil expires, it won’t harm your health. It’s just you will stop getting the smell and taste. But when it is about your CBD oil turning useless, you need to learn how long it will last.
For How Long a CBD Oil Serve You?
You will be glad to know that CBD oil lasts for 1-2 years. If you maintain the product, you can enjoy the benefits for a long time. As mentioned earlier, CBD doesn’t go wrong or harm your health. After the expiry date, it just loses all the beneficial components and becomes useless in the end.
What Are The Signs That Your CBD Oil Has Gone Useless?
Are you doubtful about the quality of your CBD oil? In that case, you can check if your CBD oil is still useful or not.
- Smell and taste: If your CBD oil doesn’t smell or taste nice, it is time for you to purchase a new bottle replacing the old one.
- Visual Appearance: Do you know that ruined CBD oil becomes cloudy and murky? Yes, it’s true! So what you can do is just hold the bottle up in the air and inspect the liquid; you will understand.
How To Expand The Shelf Life Of CBD Oil?
From the moment the manufacturer extracts the CBD oil from the plant, it gains a shelf life of 2 years. But you must maintain a few points to enhance the shelf life of your CBD oil.
- Keep it in a cool and dry place: You must store your CBD oil in a cool and dry place. You can keep it inside your refrigerator as well. No wonder this is an essential point to note as if the temperatures reduce, the CBD will turn into other cannabinoids with negative impacts on your health. For this reason, make sure to store your CBD bottle in a dry place with low temperatures.
- It is a big NO to direct sunlight for CBD: You must not keep your CBD oil in direct sunlight. Have you noticed that CBD oil comes in brown glass containers to reduce light exposure? So Be very careful and keep your tincture away from direct sunlight.
- Say NO to air exposure: If your CBD oil is exposed to air, it will gradually deteriorate. For this reason, all the CBD oil bottles come with air-tight lids. Try not to open the top for a long time, and make sure to screw on the lid tightly after you finish.
- Secure the bottle in a safe place: This is simple advice, but your negligence can be disastrous. You must store the CBD bottle separately to mix it with other similar bottles in the house.
- Prevent contamination: You must not spread germs while intaking CBD oil. Before you use the product, sanitize your hands. If your CBD comes with a pipette dropper, it should not touch any part of your mouth. A little contamination can reduce the benefits, and your CBD product will be useless. In case there is no dropper, you can intake the product using a spoon.
If you follow these points, you can expand the shelf life of your CBD oil.
How To Preserve Your CBD Oil In The Best Way?
If you want to preserve your CBD oil,
- Make sure to go through the manufacturing instructions.
- Check out your CBD oil frequently.
- Keep your CBD products out of your pet or children’s access.
- Do not keep your CBD product in a freezing condition.
- If your CBD oil is not smelling nice, throw it away.
If you are willing to buy high-quality CBD oil, make sure to follow the tips highlighted above. In this way, you can enjoy the benefits of CBD oil for the long term.